Ramada Plaza, Beirut, Raouche, – Lebanon
– JICA Alumni Association in Lebanon (Leba-JICA) sent an invitation to the JICA alumni association in Egypt to attend its annual workshop to strengthen the relationship with Embassy of Japan in Lebanon and to empower the friendship and cooperation with other JICA alumni associations in the region.
– The workshop was held Under the title of “The Best Approaches FOR SOLID Waste Management in the Arab Countries” and organized by LEBA-JICA under the patronage of his excellency the minister of environment of Lebanon “Mr. Tarek Khatib” and in collaboration with the JICA, and the Embassy of Japan in Lebanon.
– JICA Alumni Egypt nominated two of its member’s specialists in the topic of the workshop to present Egypt and they are:
- Prof. Dr. Amr Abdel-Aziz El-Baz, Professor of Environmental Engineering
- Dr. Asmaa El Sayed Hamoda, Expert in the Ministry of the Environment
The agenda of the workshop was as following:
– A dinner for the participants was held upon arrival on the evening of Thursday 30- 11-2017 by His Excellency the ambassador of Japan Mr. Matahiro Yamaguchi, at 8:00 p.m. at his residence.
Day 1: Friday 1-12-2017
09:30 -10:00 a.m. Opening Ceremony, welcoming speeches by:
Session 1 chaired by JICA Alumni Association in Egypt.
“Best Approaches for the Development Of Solid Waste Management in Lebanon “(Lebanon) by Eng. Sabine Ghosn, Head of Department of Urban Environment pollution Control. Leba-JICA
11:00- 11:30 a.m.
“Best Approaches for the Development of Solid Waste Management in Syria “(Syria) by Eng. Amir Al Bukhari, JICA Alumni Association Syria.
“Best Approaches for the Development of Solid Waste Management in Egypt “(Egypt) by Dr. Amr Abdul Aziz El Baz & Dr. Asmaa SAyed Hamoda, JICA Alumni Association Egypt.
“Best ways to Mange Solid Waste in Iraq” (Iraq) by Mrs. Faeqa Nasser Atto , JICA Alumni Association Iraq
Questions and Answers
Lunch at El Fornayo Restaurant, Ramada Plaza Hotel
Session 3 chaired by JICA Alumni Association in Jordan.
“Best Approaches for the Development of Solid Waste Management in Jordan “(Jordan) by Mr. Mohammed Mahmoud AbuMaidan, JICA Alumni Association Jordan.
Questions and Answers
Closing Session: Wrap up and recommendations held by: Dr.Jaoudat Abou-Jaude
resenting certificates to the participants
Day 2: Saturday 2-12-2017
Return of the participants to their countries