1- “Egyptian Geological Museum” at Corniche El Maadi.
2- “National Research Institute of Astronomy & Geophysics” and “Helwan Observatory” at Helwan City.
– Number of members attended: 21 members
-The JICA Alumni Association organized a visit to the “Egyptian Geological Museum” at Corniche El Maadi and a visit to the “National Research Institute of Astronomy & Geophysics and Helwan Observatory” at Helwan City on Wednesday, 15/8/2018.
– The day began as some members of the JICA Alumni Association went to the first pickup point at Roxy. When the alumni’s members gathered at 8:30, the bus moved to another pickup point at headquarters of the Alumni at the World Trade Center and then it head to “Egyptian Geological Museum”.
– At about 10:00 am, the members arrived at the “Egyptian Geological Museum”.
– The museum’s responsibles welcomed the members and took them a tour of the museum explaining the contents to them.
– After that, the Alumni’s members moved to Helwan where National Research Institute of Astronomy & Geophysics and Helwan Observatory there.
– Prof. Hisham Hussein Mohammed Mousi – Professor and researcher at the National Institute of Astronomy and Geophysics Research and Alumni memeber – welcomed the Alumni members at National Research Institute of Astronomy & Geophysics.
– Members attended a lecture about the institute and its departments and history, then they attended a lecture on earthquakes and watch the devices related to earthquakes and how these devices follow the earthquakes up.
-After this tour, the members went to Helwan Observatory and watch the telescope.
-At the end of the day, the members went to the “El Shourok club” at Corniche Maadi for lunch and enjoy the Nile.
– The members were very happy with the places they visited and the valuable information they knew and asked for more of those visits and thanked the Social Committee.